Saturday, July 16, 2011

References and Warnings

Warning: Most of these herbs have warnings attached, especially for pregnant women or people with major health issues. When in doubt, please consult your doctor or a local herbalist before using these herbs for medicinal purposes.


References:
As time goes on, I will be adding more books to this list.

It is important that no one thinks that I am plagiarizing the material in this blog. I did not "discover" this information on my own, but rather, I have gathered data from multiple books and blogs and have put it all together in an organized manner. My thanks goes to all of the authors/companies whose information I have used.

If you think I took information from a site/source that is not mentioned here, please let me know and I will add it as quickly as I can.

1) Lesley Bremness, The Complete Book of Herbs: A practical guide to growing and using herbs (Viking Studio Books: 1994)

2) Tammi Hartung, Growing 101 Herbs That Heal: gardening techniques, recipes, and remedies (Storey Publishing: 2000)

3) Judith Benn Hurley, The Good Herb: recipes and remedies from nature (New York: William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1995)

4) Rosemary Gladstar, Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: 175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family (Storey Publishing: 2008)

5) Jekka McVicar, The Complete Herb Book (Firefly Books: 2008)

6) Jane Newdick, At Home with Herbs: Inspiring Ideas for Cooking, Crafts, Decorating, and Cosmetics (Storey Publishing, 1995)

7) Reader's Digest, The Complete Illustrated Book of Herbs: Growing, Health and Beauty, Cooking, Crafts (Reader's Digest Inc.: 2009)

8) Jerry Traunfield, The Herbfarm Cookbook (New York: Scribner, 2000)

9) Barbara L. Bowling, The Berry Grower's Companion (Oregon: Timber Press, 2000)

10) Alan Buckingham and Jo Whittingham, Grow Vegetables: Gardens, Yards, Balconies, Roof Terraces (New York: DK Publishing, 2008)

11) Karen Liebreich, Jutta Wagner, Annette Wendland, The Family Kitchen Garden: How to Plant, Grow, and Cook Together (Oregon: Timber Press, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment